"Site #6, now officially known as Lake Havsau Auxiliary Field #6, was acquired by the Army Air Forces during World War II as an emergency landing field for the Kingman Army Air Field's Yucca Aerial Gunnery Range. The emergency field was established in 1943 and consisted of two runways. In 1944 the site was improved for use as a rest and convalescent camp for the Kingman Army Air Field. United States servicemen enjoyed swimming, fishing, skeet shooting, motor boating, and hiking activities while relaxing on the banks of Lake Havasu."
the Island, Site Six provides
fishing and free public boat launching.
Other amenities include a handicapped accessible fishing pier (part of the Fisheries Improvement project), fish cleaning station, and small beach area. No overnight parking or camping allowed at the site. Monies received from State Lake Improvement Fund Grants used to partially fund park developments and renovations.
Site Six is located on the Island at 591 Beachcomber Blvd.Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403